Job title: (Field Technician)
Reporting to: (Area Supervisor)
Itec Company: ISA
Location: (Travelling between sites- YES)
Purpose of the position
Responsible for the service and repairs of ITEC OA equipment. Builds customer relationships, through good service delivery to all ITEC clients. Ensures that all equipment is in an optimal condition. Ensures he meets expectation on key performance measurable. Pro-actively plans installations, repairs and maintenance to ensure efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities & duties
- Demonstrates business sense – is aware of the role good service delivery impacts the business- and applies this knowledge to the customer base to ensure that service delivery is up to standard.
- Displays a practical understanding of the Company strategy and how functional business structures, levels of work, reporting lines, systems and work processes support these objectives.
- Demonstrates an understanding of our Service Contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to internal best practices for standard operational service practices, processes and procedures.
- Has a command of the business language to consider and ask relevant questions.
- Displays an excellent understanding of OA products – this includes a knowledge of product differentiators, how products impact the existing IT client platform and how client systems can be enhanced.
- Displays an understanding of the IT infrastructural framework and the features of core technology applications to test, evaluate and diagnose the effectiveness of systems.
- Stays up to date with OA innovations and IT initiatives that will impact the installation, maintenance and repair of OA and allied products to ensure that the best solution is delivered to the customer.
- Ensures customer satisfaction levels/ demands are met and informs his manager of any concerns.
- Ensures that service calls are attended to within the response times and to ensure that service levels are optimal.
- Actively develops and maintains loyal customer relationships through good customer service.
- Improves on problem areas identified in the Galaxy Program, spot checks and monthly reports.
- Reports on CRM/Resco issues and the daily monitoring of calls on your tablet.
- Reports any problematic machines or clients and make sure his area is always running at an optimal level .
- Reports any re-occurring problems and discontinued models etc. to the Service Supervisor/ Service Manager for further action.
- Reports all devices that are due for upgrade.
- Provide daily feedback on dispatch board.
- Action a minimum of 6 calls per day to ensure everything is running smooth and also to ensure the monthly target is met
- All devices must run at full potential (copy, fax, scan, user codes and print)
- Ensure all devices are kept up to date within the latest software
- Ensure Sentry and FM Audit connection is always working and also syncs to the Itec dashboard
- Handling all escalated service queries to the Service Supervisor and the following up thereof
- Make sure all parts and toner orders are complete, submitted within the given timeframe and checking up on queries raised by the Service Supervisor or Service Controller
- Follow up on all outstanding orders (Service & Consumables) pending and feedback to customer on a daily basis
- To ensure Print Director; User Authentication; Secure printing etc. is running at all times and should be able to do the necessary troubleshooting when needed
- Checking for updates and solutions on FTP- and CSES sites
- All Itec devices must be branded in the correct way (Itec logo on screen; service stickers)
- Displays a good understanding of OA products-this includes a knowledge of product differentiators, how products impact the existing IT client and how client systems can be enhanced
- Inspires others to action by translating the ISA vision and DNA into day to day activities.
- Lives and models the ISA vision and DNA, through his interaction with the clients and maintenance of their machines.
- Promotes the DNA by assisting with service delivery in areas other than their own.
- Challenges behaviour within ISA that violates the vision and DNA.
- Ability to be precise and systematic in working with relevant detail- CRM submitting and closing calls, with the necessary detail attached
- Ability to implement good service practices
- Able to assess the clients’ needs and adapt to the relevant situation
- Capacity to work individually or as a team to solve problems- Escalations to be communicated through to the Supervisor accordingly
- Capacity to plan daily calls and co-ordinate daily to ensure that SLA’s are met and service levels are at an optimum level- average on a minimum of 5calls per day
- Able to provide the customer with a solution, that is keeping with ISA DNA and required service level.
- Able to keep the client machines fully functional for the duration of the contract.
- Monitors Sentry CSRC/ FM Audit and the dashboard to ensure the data syncs.
- Little logbook submission and updating ODO reading once a week before the logbook report gets submitted to the Service Manager.
- Microsoft Office
Work experience & skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years Workshop experience
- Minimum of 4 years Field experience
- Industry knowledge essential of at least 3 years working in the field.
- Relevant Product training and Outward certified.
Personal qualities & behavioral traits
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Focus on attention to detail
- Should be mobile with a valid car license