Field Service Technician
Job title: Field Service Technician
Reporting to: Service Manager
Itec Company: Itec Communications (Pty) Ltd
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
(needs to travel across SA to attend customer and supplier meetings as and when required)
Purpose of the position
This position includes the installation, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repair of equipment, which may include electronics, telecom equipment, or network equipment. Field service technicians travel to customer sites to repair and install equipment, and usually work independently with little daily supervision.
Responsibilities & duties
- Installation, programming, setup and training of all relevant systems, hardware,
services, and software of Itec Communications related products and services.
- A Field Service Technician deals with phone lines, wireless stations, telephone
wiring, telephony equipment, customer edge equipment and end-user products
that provide voice, data, and video to users.
- Attendance of all service activities (whether on-site or telephonic support)
assigned to the technician according to service level agreement timeframes.
- A Field Service Technician is accountable for managing client relations when onsite
and for keeping the customer updated on any direct communication or assurances
that the Field Service Technician has made to the customer while onsite.
- Closure of service activities on Microsoft CRM and submission of accurate and
complete job cards as and when attended to.
- Responsible for following all company policies and procedures as well as ensuring
all Itec owned property and equipment is maintained and kept in working order
and is kept safe at all times.
- Attending to site surveys and provide accurate, detailed and complete site survey
reports to the FST Controller within 48 hours of completing a site survey.
- Attendance of customer and internal meetings at scheduled times as and when
required. The Field Service Technician is responsible for updating the FST
Controller if schedule cannot be adhered to.
- A Field Service Technician is required to work flexible working hours and adapt to
changing work schedules by Itec if and when required. Standard working hours
remain 08:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday.
- Accurate recording of all kilometres travelled, and overtime worked and timeous
submission of logbook and timesheets on a monthly basis is required at all times.
- N+ Certification
- Samsung T1-T5 Qualification
- Mitel MVO/Mivoice Qualification
- Mitel Contact Centre and/or Mitel Micollab qualifications
Work experience & skills
- 2 years + working knowledge and setup of VOIP products, including but not limited to, switches, Mikrotik routers and
- Customer Premises Equipment.
- 2 Years + Experience on Mitel MVO and MiVoice.
- 2 Years + working experience on PBX systems (hosted and onsite), TMS, Voice Logging
- 2 Years + working experience on Mitel Contact Centre and/or Mitel Micollab.
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to service delivery
- Excellent communications skills when dealing with colleagues, supplier and internal and external customers
- Ability to work as a team member to get the job done.