Andrew Uglietti – Itec North – Managing Director
1. Provide some background info on your experience and skills?
I have been in the IT/hosted telephony/ office automation industry for 10 years. I am highly skilled in building hosted PBX environments (hosted solutions architecture), along with building large and complex print solutions and project managing roll out and installation.
2. Take us through a typical day in your job?
I always come in with cupcakes and goodies for my staff to start the day off. I will sit in the office before I go off to a meeting and assist my salespeople where needed and after that, I will spend time on my accounts.
3. What are you looking forward to accomplishing at Itec?
I am looking forward to taking Itec North back to the number one dealer in the country and on the way empowering my staff, improving the perception of the brand and upskilling myself personally.
4. What is your definition of customer-centric?
No customer is too big or too small to handle, each one is dealt with, with my utmost attention and effort.
5. What was the last problem you solved?
The last problem I solved was turning around Itec North by relaunching and improving the name in the industry and turning the business around financially as well as creating a stable and enjoyable working environment for my staff.
6. What key message do you want the market to know about Itec?
Itec is a result-driven company who pay very close attention to their clients and their needs. Itec’s goal is to deliver quality products and services throughout the ongoing process of serving each client. We are a one of a kind company specialising in management solutions, we are also a tier 1 service provider, making us unique and separating us from the rest.
7. How has your industry changed over the last few years, and how has Itec evolved with it?
The industry and company have moved from an onsite resource-intensive IT/print model to a hosted outsourced environment through fibre and hosted systems.
8. What’s a quote you live by? Or What’s the best advice you ever got?
The quote I live by is “Be the person your dog thinks you are.”
9. What do you do for yourself that makes you better at your job?
I spend a lot of time reading and researching anything and everything IT related, I will watch IT YouTube videos and TED talks.
10. What are you deeply passionate about, and why?
On a personal level, I am deeply passionate about my family, animals, nature and conservation.
I am extremely passionate about my staff and creating a culture at Itec North to help us all thrive; we want to look back in the future and be proud of the journey we have seen through together.